Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Distance between two hearts is not an obstacle, rather a beautiful reminder of just how strong true love can be.

As most of you know Dave deployed last July and was gone for 6 months.  It was so hard saying goodbye but I knew I would see him again. I couldn't have done it if it weren't for my amazing friends and family. They were so supportive and always there for me. The hardest part was being a single mother to a son who was just starting the terrible two's. I love Kyson more than anything in the world but dang I don't wish that upon anyone!! We knew Dave was deploying for about a year so we had a lot of time to prepare but when the day came for him to get on that plane and leave, it was extremely difficult.

The only picture I took the day he left.

Its not that I was worried about Dave cause I knew he was in a safe location but what made it hard was going from seeing and talking to him every day to nothing at all. I was so lonely! I had no idea what was going on. I cried alot that first week he was gone but I eventually grew numb to it. I was getting the hang of living on my own, doing things my way. I spent a lot of time hanging out with my friends, we did a lot while Dave was gone.


Birthdays

Baseball games

more birthdays

even Hair Shows

We were always having fun but it just wasn't the same without my husband. I'm so very proud of him for serving this country. Freedom doesn't come free! I love being able to say that my husband serves in the United States Air Force even though it comes with a lot of hard times and lonliness. He is so good at what he does! During a deployment you have good days and bad days.. We had more good days than bad but those bad days were a killer! I wont go into detail but I'm so glad we overcame them and we are such a stronger couple now. We had to trust in the Lord and put all our burdens on him. The minute we did that things turned around and we couldn't be happier with the outcome! I love Dave and even though it was hard we know we could do it again if we had too. If you can servive a deployment, you can survive anything! Too many people give up on their spouses while they are away at war, its a shame really! Only the strong survive :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for making me feel all warm and fuzzy inside!! :)