Friday, March 18, 2011

Children reinvent your world for you.

Having a child is surely the most beautifully irrational act that two people in love can commit.
Day: Monday
Date: January 19, 2009
Weeks: 38

We were almost running out the door to get to our 38 week appointment to see our baby for the last time on the screen before being born. I lay on the bed and listen to my little one's heart beat and watch him wiggle on the screen. "I have good news and bad news", thats what the doctor said.. "The good news is that you could have this baby any day now, the bad news is that you have to have a C Section." Dead silence... "How about wednesday?" Holy crap wednesday? As in the day after tomorrow? We're not ready!! All these thoughts pour into my mind and all I can think about was having my first surgery wide awake! I had to have a C section because the baby was breech meaning the head was up but he was also doing the splits so there was no way of even trying to turn him. We agree to do surgery and head home. I can't explain the feeling of knowing you'll be a parent in less than two days. Once we got to our little apartment we disinfected everything possible. Next on the agenda, calling family. The news spread like a virus and Dave's dad and step mom bought plane tickets to come down that next day.

The next day we picked them up from the airport and spent the night preparing, relaxing, and talking. I found out some hilariously disturbing facts about Dave's dad.. :) Anyways that night Dave and I didn't get a wink of sleep. We were too nervous! But 7:00 rolled around and we were out the door to have ourselves a baby!! :)

Day: Wednesday
Date: January 21, 2009
Weeks: 38

We get to the hospital, get checked in and moved in to the prep room. I swear I got hooked up to every machine known to man. I had extreme anxiety!! I was shaking like you wouldn't believe and I was doing fine until the nurse made me drink something that was supposed to calm my stomach so I wouldn't throw up.. What did I do 30 seconds later? I threw up!!

His attire for the day :)

The time came for me to head off to surgery. The room was so small. It looked like an oversized closet. I get on the operating table, get my spinal block, lay down and get tied down... That really freaked me out. My legs were tied down and both my arms were tied down. I literally could not move! Then Dave was aloud in the room and he held my hand the whole time. All I could see was a blue sheet. Then at 9:41 am Kyson Deene Madsen was born weighing in at 6 lbs 14 oz and 19 3/4 inches long. He had such a small light cry you could barely hear it.


4 days later we were released and sent home!


What a stud!

When you have a baby its an instant love kind of thing. You love every inch of their body.


We took a little bit of Dave and a little bit of Denise and made a perfect baby Kyson!! :)

I miss him being this small!

After Kyson was born I didn't change a single diaper for the first week, I was too sore from surgery. Dave not only had to take care of a newborn but he also had to take care of his wifey. I love him! Kyson is the best thing thats ever happened to us. We adore him so much and can't get enough of him! He was born with really dark hair, as you can see, but it all fell out and grew back blonde.. Yay! :)

Ok so the point to all the complaining in my 'Surprise' post is this.. There will always be hard times that at the time may seem impossible to get through but once its all said and done it makes you stronger. I had a rough pregnancy but I would do it over and over again. The outcome of all the pain and sickness was so beyond worth it. I absolutely love being a mom to the most perfect baby boy, he is my life and I couldn't imagine it without him.

 I love you Kyson :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for making me feel all warm and fuzzy inside!! :)