Wednesday, May 22, 2013

gender reveal party


Last weekend we had our Gender Reveal Party! My friend Vashti offered to throw it for us and we were ecstatic! All of my closest Texas friends were there and even Dave had a friend show up. It was so great to be surrounded by some of the people I hold closest to my heart! I just wish I lived closer to my family for events like these. There were so many kids running around and it was just the best day. We socialized, snacked on food, and played some awkward pregnancy games. I've never had so many people staring at my boobs at once haha. I cut the cake and served it and it was SO good! And then came time for the reveal! Our reveal was a pinata. It was so cute! It was a little box with streamers tied to the end of it. One of the streamers would release the bottom causing all the colored confetti to fall out. Dave and I started tugging at the streamers and nothing happened. I was too impatient so I just grabbed all of them and pulled hard! And out fell all the pink confetti!
(sorry for the poor quality, camera phones don't work too well with lots of fast movements!)

We are thrilled to be adding a daughter to our growing family and cannot wait for her arrival!

14 comments:

  1. I love gender reveal parties, I think they are a wonderful idea. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is sooooo cute, that cake is darling!!! What did the inside look like!??! Congrats again! baby girls are sooo cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks and sounds like so much fun! I'm very happy for you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That cake has for to be my favorite gender reveal design. So excited for you guys!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like so much fun! Congrats on a GIRL!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. yayyyyy!!!!! congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That cake is adorable. And so is your little baby bump!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That cake is so cute!!! And congrats on a little girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. yay! yay! yayyy! LOVE the cake. <3

    xo
    purposelyathome.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. okay---so fun! LOVE that darling cake! what a fun way to do the gender reveal! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats girl!! What a cute way to find out, I want to have one of those when I'm pregnant.:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gender reveals are so fun and are SO in right now! So glad you had a great time :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. :) how fun!!! So sweet of your friend to throw the gender reveal party for you!

    Did you and your husband know what you were having prior to the party or was it a surprise for you also?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congrats to you, how exciting!! You look amazing :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making me feel all warm and fuzzy inside!! :)