Thursday, May 16, 2013

Boy or Girl?

We had our gender ultrasound yesterday and we couldn't be happier with the results! We're having a gender reveal party on Saturday so until then what do you think we're having? Here are our results according to old wives tales.


Rumor has it that if you are carrying your baby high, it's a girl. Carrying low? Stock up on blue.
Similar tales say if you carry in front, you've got yourself a little boy, and if you expand horizontally, it's a girl.

-I think I'm kind of in between high and low. Maybe I'm having an it? haha so I'm going to say a boy and a girl for this one.
 And I'm carrying all in the front, so BOY.

Legends say that if you are having a little girl, she'll steal your beauty. So, if you've got acne and other not-so-pretty skin blemishes, you've got a little princess coming your way.

I don't have any acne so BOY.

 Take off your wedding ring, tie it to a piece of string, and hang it over your belly. If it swings in a circle, you are promised a boy; back and forth indicates a girl.

BOY

 Your baby's heart rate might be an indicator of its gender. If your little one's heart rate is under 140 beats per minute, you're having a little boy. If it's over, get ready for your little girl!

GIRL

 Craving sweets? According to some, that means your going to have a little girl. Salty and sour cravings indicate a boy.

GIRL

  Chinese birth charts use your age at conception and the month you conceived to determine the sex of your baby.

BOY

 If you're stricken with a queasy stomach during your first trimester, think ribbons and bows. If you sail through your pregnancy with nary an upset stomach, it's blue all the way. 

BOY

So what do think? 

13 comments:

  1. I am hoping for a girl for you!! And the heart rate one seems to be pretty accurate for my friends who are currently pregnant so I cant wait to find out if its true for you too!! but at the end, I just want you to have a healthy baby & uncomplicated pregnancy & delivery!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those myths are fun, but so don't predict anything! I tried to predict it while i was pregnant and according to my reading i would have had a boy. So not the case! You're having a girl though, i can feel it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Girllll

    wordsaboutwaverly,blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. can't wait to see the results!! :)

    xo
    purposelyathome.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think boy!
    Actually, I don't know what to think! I'm the worst at guessing :)
    I can't wait to find out!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i saw girl! i love how you incorporated myths/wives tales into it. so fun!! can't want to hear your fabulous news!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats! I saw on Instagram it's a girl! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making me feel all warm and fuzzy inside!! :)