Thursday, May 30, 2013

Dave's favorite recipe

I don't share a lot of my recipes on here unless it changes our lives and this recipe definitely has! Ha! I found this recipe off of pinterest about a year ago and we immediately fell in love with it. It's not the easiest recipe but it's definitely not hard. Dave loves it, I love it, it makes killer left-overs, and it's very filling. And it's a Weight Watchers meal!!


Cheddar Chicken Bacon Ranch Pasta

Ingredients
1/2 lb penne pasta
4 slices of bacon, diced
1/2 Tbsp butter
1 large chicken breast
1 Tbsp flour
1/2 package dressing mix (1/2 oz)
1 cup milk (I use 1 1/2 cups for a runnier sauce)
1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
salt and pepper

Directions
Cook pasta in boiling salted water, drain, return to pot and keep warm.
Meanwhile cook bacon in a large skillet over medium heat until crisp. Drain on paper towels. Drain all but 1/2 tablespoon of bacon drippings from pan.
Season the chicken with salt and pepper. Add the butter to the reserved bacon drippings, then add chicken to the same skillet. Cook until tender, no longer pink and slightly browned.
Sprinkle the flour and ranch dressing mix over chicken and stir. Stir in the milk and cook until thickened and bubbly. Stir in the cheese and the bacon until cheese is melted. 
Enjoy!


11 comments:

  1. That sounds DELICIOUS! I'm definitely going to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YUM!!! This looks and sounds amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok that looks amazing! totally going to make it tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so simple- but sounds so yummy! I think I will try it with shrimp! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh it looks so good and easy...but my picky eater wont touch pasta! What a weirdo, right?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I feel like the worst wife because ever since I started my clean eating, I haven't made dinner for Mr. Schroeder has much. I'm going to try & make that meal for him! It looks DELICIOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks amazing going to try to cook for hubs this week thanks :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my gosh this looks SO flippin' good!! Can't wait to try it. Thanks so much for sharing. New follower!

    xoxo

    Jess

    theroadtodiamond.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. this looks sooo delicious!! what would we ever do without pinterest?? :)

    have a wonderful weekend, denise.

    xo
    purposelyathome.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. this looks amazing! wow! definitely going to try. thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making me feel all warm and fuzzy inside!! :)