Tuesday, February 7, 2012

our Superbowl Sunday

Husband and I really didn't care for either teams so we were just enjoying ourselves. I was still happy that my team won last year. Go Packers!! Last year we went to a party, dressed up in our team colors and got way into the game... 
 This year we did nothing but shove food down our throats! Really good food.
 OK we got into it a little..

 But this post isn't really about the Superbowl. It's about all that good food we ate!

Doesn't this look so yummy?
Let me reassure you that it was! Here's the recipe:

Crockpot Salsa Chicken

Ingredients:
1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 cup salsa
1 package taco seasoning
1 cup sour cream
Directions:
1.  Mix soup, salsa and taco seasoning in the bottom of your crockpot.  Sink chicken breasts into the mixture, covering completely.  Cook on low for 5 – 6 hours depending on size of chicken breasts.
2.  Remove chicken, shred and return to the crockpot.  Add sour cream and mix well.  Heat until everything is warmed through. 

I also made a seven layer bean dip that was mouthwatering! Here's the recipe:

2 large, ripe avocados
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 (16 ounce) can refried beans
1 1/2 cups sour cream
1 package taco seasoning mix
1 cup shredded cheese
1 can sliced black olives
2 tomatoes, chopped
6 green onions, chopped
   Tortilla chips

Peel, pit, and mash avocados. Add lemon juice and mix well. Set aside. Spread refried beans on a large plate (I warmed the refried beans in the microwave and I used a 9x9 pan). Spread with avocado mixture. Stir together sour cream and taco mix. Spread over avocado layer. Sprinkle with cheese, black olives, tomatoes, and green onions. Serve with tortilla chips.

Enjoy!


14 comments:

  1. You two are super cute, great blog! That dish does look delish!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, I'll have to try this recipe- looks soo yummy! What a fun super bowl! =]

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds so good! I'll have to give it a go. I love anything in the croc pot!

    Also. Would you want to do a sponsor swap with me? I want to put your button up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks sooooo tasty! If you want, join in on Fridays for Food Friday and share some more of these delicious recipes. I know I am going to try THIS one!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That chicken sounds super tasty - I like anything I can just shove into the crockpot and forget about :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Um YUM! We had the bean dip too... great minds think alike :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This does look yummy! I wasn't really cheering for anyone this superbowl either. But it was still fun to hang out with friends and eat all the good food!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Definitely trying this recipe out! Thanks for sharing and you look so cute with your bandana on! ha ha!
    ♥ Kyna

    ReplyDelete
  9. You guys are too cute!!! Love it. Newest reader!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That looks so yummy. I want to try this soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. looks so good. and we didn't really get that into the game either. gotta get thos midwest teams back in it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. We felt the same way about superbowl this year- last year we were really into it! That chicken looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Go packers is RIGHT! hahahah I grew up in WI my wholeee life and so I'm the giant loud mouthed american girl at the costa rican bars on sundays cheering for them!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making me feel all warm and fuzzy inside!! :)