Monday, August 1, 2011

I choose happiness

Today has been one of those days.. I've been an emotional wreck since I was dragged out of bed at 7 a.m. by my adorable two year old. I don't know why I want to close myself in a closet and cry, but I do. Its not that special time of the month, I'm not fighting with anyone, and I'm not depressed. I'm just a girl! And I really don't have a reason to be blogging about this but I felt the need to blog about something and this is what I keep typing about. Feel free to X out of this here post now if you so choose to!

I've always had a hard time expressing my feeling verbally, but when it comes to writing things down I'm the very best at it. So how come I'm having a hard time expressing myself right now? Is it because I had the weirdest dream last night about an giant, flying, purple octopus kidnapping me and taking me away to his nest in the tree? Possibly. Is it because Texas is experiencing a major drought and record breaking temperatures? Possibly. I should be the happiest girl in the world! I have a husband who loves and takes care of me. He made me a delicious dinner AND cleaned the kitchen afterwards. I have a beautiful house full of nice things. And I have the best friends and family out there who love and support me. I have my dream job, a good car, and tons of shoes! So whats with me? I know I keep asking that but I'm still trying to figure it out. But lately I've just been ornery and feeling sorry for myself. 
 
Shame. On. Me.

I've had some major decisions thrown my way and its turned my world upside down. For good and bad reasons. And every time I think I have everything figured out, I get thrown a curve ball and have to pick up all the pieces again! I didn't sit down at my computer so I could complain when I clearly have a good life, or did I? I might have actually. I was originally going to do a blog post on my top 10 favorite ways to do my hair. Did two different cute styles and had my husband take pictures of them. The pictures just were not turning out so I gave up! And it hurt my feelings haha. I know I'm just feeling sorry for myself but doesn't every girl do this to herself every once in a while?! Today is my day. Maybe I need another vacation, already! Luckily we have a Utah/Vegas trip coming up next month and have a lot planned for it but its not coming fast enough!! Ahh I just remembered a piece from the Ensign called Be of Good Cheer: Choosing Happiness.

I'll step down from my soap box and just enjoy the day. The day I get to play with my Kyson and spend time with my husband in our home. What more could I ask for? Thanks for listening/reading. What are things you do to stop feeling sorry for yourself? To stay happy?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for making me feel all warm and fuzzy inside!! :)