Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Fathers Day

The night before Fathers Day I was walking through Wal Mart trying to plan the next day. It was for Fathers Day and I really wanted to make it a good one for Dave. Last year my parents were visiting us on Fathers Day so it wasn't all about him. So I had some making up to do! Got a few things and went home. I was planning on making him a big breakfast in bed. When I woke up Sunday morning I was woken by a big breakfast! Wait what?! This is a little backwards, I'm supposed to be making him breakfast in bed!! Fail!! The morning was off to a great start :) So I dragged my lazy self out of bed and ate my delicious breakfast. I wrote out a few rules for Dave for the day:
Rule #1-Whatever you say goes
Rule #2- Relax, I'll wait on you hand and foot
Rule #3- I can't remember the third rule.. :)

His first demand? A burrito and a pepsi! What my man wants, my man gets!! HA :) We had fun with it and it made for some good laughs. We played Mario Kart on the Wii and it was so fun!  Except the level with all the cows kills me every time! Stupid fence :)

Happy Fathers Day to the man of the hour, or day!!
 
Kyson made him a card
His gifts.
Tools, Iron Man 2, a tie, and a tool box that's not in the picture.
He was spoiled rotten! And it was only noon!!
I made a turkey dinner for him that hit the spot for us both. It was sooo good if I say so myself ;) And then I made the some homemade cheesecake! To die for!!
Brownie Caramel Cheesecake
(I used the wrong pan so it didn't turn out perfect)
Here's the recipe:
1 8 oz package brownie mix
1 egg
1 tablespoon water
1 14 oz package vanilla caramels
1 5oz can evaporated milk
3 8 oz packages cream cheese, softened
1 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
3 eggs
1/3 cup chopped chocolate covered toffee bar (skor bar)

Preheat oven to 350. Grease a 10 inch springform pan (like I said, I used the wrong pan). For crust, in a medium bowl stir together brownie mix, the 1 egg, and the water (its hard to mix). Spread into the bottom of the prepared springform pan. Bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes.

Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan, combine caramels and evaporated milk;cook and stir over medium-low heat until caramels are melted and smooth. Remove from heat. Remove 1/2 cup of melted mixture, cover and refrigerate until serving time.

For filling, in a large mixing bowl beat cream cheese, sweetened condensed milk, and 3 eggs with an electric mixer until combined.

Pour filling over brownie layer. Drizzle remaining melted caramel mixture over filling. Swirl gently with a knife. Bake in preheated oven about 45 minutes.

Cool in pan on a wire rack for 15 minutes. Loosen the egde from the side of pan; cool for 30 more minutes. Remove side of pan; cool cheesecake completely. Cover; chill for at least 4 hours or up to 24 hours before serving. (Cake may crack where caramel mixture is swirled in.)

Before serving, heat reserved caramel mixture; drizzle over cheesecake. Sprinkle with chopped toffee bar.

Its not as hard as it looks. I swear! If you're like me and don't own a springform pan, a normal cake pan worked fine too.
Bon Appetit :)

We spent the rest of the night watching movies, playing games, flirting and loving on each other.

Happy Father's Day to my awesome Dad, I love him very much and am blessed to have him as my dad! :)
There's nothing stronger then a daddy/daughter relationship!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for making me feel all warm and fuzzy inside!! :)