Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Status: Vacationing Week: 1

Caution: Beware of picture overload!

The hubbs, kiddo and I have been on a vacation for about a week and a half now and I can't even begin to explain how fun its been! First we drove our cute little bums on up to Kansas to stay with my sister and her adorable family. I never imagined Kansas to be so beautiful, but I was so wrong!! It was gorgeous. So lush and green with trees and hills, ah so pretty!
welcome to Kansas

We took a hike up a really steep hill overlooking Fort Riley

After a couple days of hiking, games, good food and watching firelflies we got back on the road for South North Dakota. We had originally planned on staying the night in South Dakota but Dave talked me into driving another five hours to North Dakota.. Big mistake!! Kyson was not a happy camper. I guess 15 hours on the road in one day is just too much for a two year old. Lesson learned! We drove through:
(I forgot to get a picture with the Oklahoma sign and it was pitch black when we crossed into North Dakota)

We finally made it to our destination.. Small town USA!! No where near civilization!! Here are some highlights from week one of our vacation.

We got a private viewing of Transformers 3

We loved the four wheeler

I destroyed Dave at Just Dance

I couldn't put the fork down

We played at the park

Kyson can hold his own weight

And he attracted all the ladies at the pool



We did our fireworks

iPad's are freakin' awesome

We had barbeques


The next few pictures are of us teaching the family how to dance, Dave and Denise style!

Now thats talent :)

We watched The Blind Side

Went to the driving range

Aww

made foil dinners

Swam.. a lot



I just love my Kyson, he's so brave.
So thats what the first week was like. Its a party everywhere we go! We definitely don't have many dull moments. We like to make the best out of everything and live life with smiles on our faces. :)

2 comments:

  1. How was Transformer's 3??? I'm dying to see it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was so good if you're into that kind of stuff. Which my hubby and I totally are! We plan on going to see it again and again I'm sure! And I've been meaning to tell you that my hubby said 'winner winner chicken dinner' the other day! I immediately thought of you :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making me feel all warm and fuzzy inside!! :)