Sunday, October 21, 2012

let the holidays begin

I kept seeing my facebook friends posting pictures of their cute kids at the pumpkin patch in our area. And they were such cute pictures. I immediately decided I had to take Kyson. So I called up my friend and set up a little date. Dave got off work early so we could go in time for the hay rides.
We got there and it turned out to be a total bust! No hay rides, no games for the kids, and the picture taking area's were lame. But we still had a good time picking out pumpkins and having girl talk (+Dave). This is the greatest time of the year and we are determined to enjoy every day of it, after all it's the last time we'll be able to enjoy it since the world is ending in two months!! (I really don't believe that but it's fun to get people worked up about it)

why is it merely impossible to get kids to sit still for 3 seconds TOPS to take a picture?? At least Kyson is happy about something. Two thumbs up!


We took Kyson Halloween costume shopping and I'm 99.99% positive that he's scarred for life.
They make those Halloween Bootique stores SO scary these days. With zombies, headless corpses, killer babies etc
He was so scared Dave had to carry him the entire time! The poor kid had his face buried in Dave's chest the whole time. :(
After about 700 'no's' from Kyson we finally settled on a costume for him. The kid is not stoked about dressing up and walking around getting free candy. I'm 25 years old and I still get excited about that!!
He's being a total Halloween Scrooge. :(

not the most flattering picture of me I know, but look at the creepy freaking babies!! But I guess in some countries it's totally normal for babies to eat themselves starting at the foot. Just add salt?
Nightmares!!!

 See what I mean? Halloween costume shopping is officially R rated and children are not allowed! So hide yo kids, hide yo wife and hide yo husband too, cause they gettin' everyone!


6 comments:

  1. So adorable pictures of the family at the pumpkin patch!! How did u survive in white pants there?? I love the red skinnies too!! && Yes Eli is not excited either, he's really scared. I ended up ordering him buzz lighter and Iron Man off Totsy. Hope Kyson enjoys getting candy next week!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the pumpkin patch! We are going to one next weekend and to hit up the corn maze! So much to do before it turns cold! And so true about the halloween stores!!

    brianna
    adventuresofthesouthernwife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness! that baby eating his foot almost made me pee my pants! Ahh!! So scary!! Your poor kid! I'm so glad I read this post though- now I know! I will definitely not take my daughter to a costume shop!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. such sweet pics! you all look like you had a blast.

    ReplyDelete
  5. awe! love the pics! super cute! and girl i did not know you were 25! you look so young, what the hell is your secret?! haha! i just turned 23 and i swear i'm aging like a banana!

    XOOX

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pumpkin patch looks like so much fun! You have such a gorgeous family.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making me feel all warm and fuzzy inside!! :)