Monday, April 25, 2011

Dave turned 24.. two weeks late

Dave actually turned 24 on April 9th, but since he was gone we celebrated over the weekend. Nothing big but exactly what he wanted. Dave and Denise time! Plus Kyson.. I didn't get off work until about 4:30 on saturday so it was kind of a late start. I got home and the first thing I did was blind fold Dave (he had no idea I had been planning his birthday night and I didn't want him to know what was going on). Once we got him and Kyson loaded up in the car I drove around town so he got completely turned around.

hehehe..

We drove around for what seemed like forever and even I got lost!! Ha. But we finally made it to a little restaurant that Dave had been wanting to try sooo badly. The reason? They serve Frog Legs!! Yep you read that right, Dave wanted to put frog in his belly..

Taking this picture was hilarious!! People were honking and yelling trying to freak Dave out.. It didn't work, my man is brave!! :)

We walked inside and noticed we were the only people there.. Is there something going on that we don't know about? Cause the roads were empty of cars too.. We ate our yummy dinner and headed off to the mall to do some shopping. Once we got home we decided to color Easter eggs. Ok we've been married for 3 years, together for almost 4 and we've never colored easter eggs with each other. Whats wrong with us? As the color tablets were dissolving I surprised Dave with this..

Yes thats a '1' candle.. Its from Kyson's first birthday and its all we had!! Don't judge me!

This is probably one the BEST cakes I've ever put in my mouth. Seriously it was sooo good! Before Dave and I got together he didn't have much of a sweet tooth.. Until now! haha he loves fat kid food now. Oopsies :)


Yuuummy! haha

Now we got to color our eggs!




We love kisses :)

hahaha you can't even tell what they are.. but I can!

After egg dying it was time for Kyson to hit the hay..  And you can tell he was excited about that.



Once he was in bed Dave and I got busy... setting up Easter you sicko's!!
Hahaha..
And this was our creation

...I mean the Easter Bunny snuck into our house while we were fast asleep not aware we have a gun in our closet and set this up... :)

Easter morning rolled around and Dave and I were up before Kyson.. which never happens! So what did we do to pass the time? You probably don't want to know actually... But then we took a shower and by the time we got out, Kyson was awake.. Finally! Time for an Easter Egg Hunt!!




It was so freakin cute watching Kyson search for eggs. He had to open each one to get the candy! Yes, Kyson had candy for breakfast.. Once again don't judge me! But I made us some smoothies for breakfast..

and they were delicious

Wow this post is really long.. But I'm not finished so deal with it! Jk :)
Enough with the fun and games, its time to get ready for church. We woke up at about 9:30 and our church isn't until 1. How did we play for two hours and not know it? We still have no idea.. and of course we were late to church..


Don't we just look so good?

We made it to church and Kyson immediately went crazy on us.. It was so bad in fact that we spent the entire sacrament in the foyer.. We decided to leave after sacrament so we could get screaming Kyson out of there! Got home and took a much needed family nap and woke up to this destroying everything in its path..



Thats hail! And yes its as big as my phone!!

We turned on the tv just in time for a 'weather watch' announcement.. Not one but two tornadoes within just a couple miles of us!! And one is heading straight for us!! WHAT?? I have never seen hail the size of a tennis ball before in my life, and now I have to wait out tornadoes? On Easter? Ugh... Luckily the tornadoes turned and went around us but we had 5 different hail storms and it was damaging!! Luckily we have good insurance.. But who's going to fix our grill?! Ha jk. But at least we got the rain. Half of Texas is on fire and isn't too far from Abilene. So everyone has been praying for rain and what did we get rain! Aww the power of prayer :)

I think its safe to say that it was an interesting weekend, full of excitment!!

Happy Birthday babe, again!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for making me feel all warm and fuzzy inside!! :)