Thursday, December 29, 2011

Merry Christmas

My nieces and nephews woke us up at around 7:00 Christmas morning. We had to go wake Kyson up.. He loves his sleep! A tradition we've had since before I was born is this... When my three oldest siblings were little, before my brother and I were born, my parents had a hard time deciding who got to open the first present (our Christmas mornings are very organized) so my dad grabbed the closest thing he saw, which was a little plastic pink pig and he hid it. Whoever found it got to open their stockings first and open the first present under the tree. It's a tradition that stuck and its something we still do every Christmas morning. It has absolutely nothing to do with Christmas but its something we look forward to every year!
Doesn't my man look so good in the mornings?!

We got up and did stockings and since Christmas was on a Sunday we all got ready and went to Church. Dave's mom just loves every excuse she can get to get Dave into his blues so that's what he wore. We went to her Church then went straight to my parents church where my mom was in charge of the Christmas program. It was so good!

After Church we came home and went to town on our presents!! Can I just say Christmas is so much funner with your own kids? I just love spoiling Kyson and seeing his little face light up :)
But of course Dave went over board with spoiling me! But it wasn't always like this for us. We definitely know what being humble is and going without! Our first Christmas together as a married couple we were flat broke. Not a dime to our name. We had a 4 foot tree with about 5 ornaments on it. It was a sad little tree but its all we had. All I got for Christmas that year was a car battery since mine died the day before and Dave got nothing. We did have a small (very small) ham dinner. And even though we had nothing we were just happy to be together. We've come a long way since then and are able to go all out but we still keep in mind the true meaning of CHRISTmas!!


Every year we try to get each other a toy. Since Dave and I are kids at heart :)
This year we got each other Nerf Guns and its been a ginormous battle since Christmas..
It's been so fun! Ha!!

Playing with Dave's Sniper Rifle and attacking my family!

We played all day long! It was the first time ever that my entire family was together for Christmas so we took advantage!

We danced, built trains, played with toys, played games, and played with lego's.. I'm a pro at building things!
It was one of the best Christmas's I've ever had. I'm so glad I was able to spend it in St George with my family! I hope everyone had a great Christmas :)


7 comments:

  1. Looks like your Christmas was quite fun!! Isn't great just to be surrounded by family on the day of our Lord?! Being with family is the greatest thing, I think, about Christmas!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh! HOW FUN! love your black shoes with the bows. LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
  3. how fun :) i love that you guys had a christmas going without. It'll make all other christmases more special!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like lots of fun! You're church outfit is so cute!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like lots of fun. You three look so happy together. So when are you moving back to Texas?

    ReplyDelete
  6. It warms my heart to see you and David happy together again! You are adorable (as usual). Glad you had such an awesome day!
    ♥ Kyna

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your shoes with the bows? Amazing! LOVE them.
    And what did you get for Christmas?! Pretty sure we all want to know :) I'm so happy your whole family got to be together for Christmas!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making me feel all warm and fuzzy inside!! :)