Thursday, April 11, 2013

baby appointments

I had my first baby appointment at 7 weeks 3 days. Basically to confirm I was pregnant. I was shocked when I found out I was getting an ultrasound! Apparently that's how they confirm it these days. Times have changed since I was pregnant with Kyson! She did the ultrasound and we were able to see our little gummy bear for the first time. Kyson was hooked to the screen! It's crazy to think that last time we were doing this, it was him on the screen. Time flies! 

There's our perfect little baby! This picture about gave us a heart attack! That second little spot isn't another baby, just so you know. It's the yolk sack! We, however, thought it was another baby. As in twins! My doctor laughed at us and told us what it was. We had no idea there was a yolk sack haha. We're kind of clueless!

After our appointment we hit up Burger King. This pregnancy is so strange compared to last. I am always hungry. For about five weeks I ate full sized meals every two hours!! I ate more than Dave and Kyson combined! And if I didn't eat within 2-3 minutes of feeling hungry, I lost my appetite and got sick. Last pregnancy I had zero appetite and every time I ate, I threw it back up. Seriously every detail is complete opposite than last time. Have I said that enough times yet? Anyways I was pretty convinced that I had gained at least 5 pounds when I went in for my 11 week check up. Nope I lost 2 pounds, which makes absolutely no sense. I ate a ton!!

Things are finally back to normal with my diet and I'm so thankful. I was actually getting tired of eating!! Now if only I could figure out a way to get my energy back.. Last time I was able to sleep all day and night. I can't do that this time around because I have a four year old to take care of and let me tell you, it is hard! Every time I sit down to relax or just catch my breath, Kyson needs something. Every. Single. Time.
I can't catch a break with him. I love him but since I've been pregnant I swear he's become 100 times needier than normal! So any ideas on how to get some extra energy? Caffeine has no affect on me, it never has.

I promise there are good things about being pregnant, it's just a big adjustment especially since it's a whole new experience this time around. I have a new doctor this time and I'm praying I don't have to have another C-Section.
I'm not really showing yet other than the very flattering chubbiness of early pregnancy. My boobs are ginormous but not very tender. I feel like I need a whole new wardrobe just to cover these bahama mamas up! They're definitely large and in charge and it's driving me crazy. Dave has different feelings about them. Ha!

We're so excited about having another baby but for now we're enjoying these last few months with Kyson while he's an only child.

11 comments:

  1. What an exciting time! I can't wait until I find out I'm pregnant!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That photo brought a tear to my eye- what a perfect picture of life!! Congrats on this fun time of life!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How sweet! Ultrasound pictures are the best. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish I had some tips for you but I haven't gotten pregnant yet. I'll be reading along to get tips from you!

    The ultrasound is definitely exciting. Hopefully you'll find ways of keeping up your energy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. congrats on this pregnancy! when i got my "confirmation" appointment, i just peed in cup, no fancy ultrasound for me hahaha my tip for extra energy: nap when you can and exercise. i know, i know, but it helps me :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats!!! Love baby appointments!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on the pregnancy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats! I wont lie i giggled when ya mentioned twins, of course thats because i was actually blessed with twins and we had completely different reactions. lol

    ReplyDelete
  9. This must be so exciting.. and Congratulations!

    -Rosy
    www.ajoyfulkindoflife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aw- so much fun stuff going on. So exciting!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making me feel all warm and fuzzy inside!! :)