Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Wichita Falls Retreat

Since Dave accepted a new job in the Air Force he's been in Wichita Falls for the last couple weeks training. So I went up to see him over this last weekend. One word:

F.U.N.

We seriously had the best time! I went up on thursday and instead of a hotel, the base put us in a two story house! A garage, front and backyard, washer/dryer the whole nine yards! And only $50 a night! It was so nice. We spent our time eating lots of yummy yummy food, playing games, shopping, etc.

Thursday we spent the night relaxing and just catching up with each other (after all it had been two weeks since we've seen each other), so we just stayed inside. We spent the weekend acting like we were in high school again.. Ha let me explain before you start judging :) Sheppard AFB is in Wichita Falls, its also home to 5,000 new little airmen going through Tech School. Dave and I were really bored friday night so we started driving around the base playing truth or dare, which quickly turned into just dares. And these dares were based around messing with all the tech schoolers who, might I add, have to march everywhere they go!! So funny to watch when you know what life is like outside of tech school :) We got in a "fight" right in front of a bunch of marching airmen.. I was cracking up the entire time! HAHAHA...


We ate at a place called On The Border, its mexican food. And oh my goodness it was sooo good!! So good in fact I had to take a picture of our bag ha!


Yummm.. :)

We also ate at Red Lobster. I don't know what it is about every Red Lobster restaurant, but they SUCK! But this one was actually pretty good. There berry strawberry banana shakes are to die for!


Check out that massive strawberry!!

Later we shopped til we dropped and I finally found some Maxi Dresses that I've been searching for Forever!! The mall there is actually pretty decent. We went to this HUGE park filled with ponds, bridges, hiking, and trails everywhere! And they have this gorgeous waterfall!



This park was the prettiest park I've ever seen. No joke!!

It was a perfect weekend. Just what we needed! Its always so nice to get out of your own town for a few days, even if it is only 2 hours away.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for making me feel all warm and fuzzy inside!! :)